Dr. Yifeng Huang
|Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, 2016
M.Sc. Polymer Chemistry and Physics, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2011
B.Eng. Polymer Materials and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2009
Office location: RS210E
Dr. Yifeng Huang is a Postdoctoral Fellow working in the Microcellular Plastics Manufacturing Laboratory. Prior to coming to MPML, Dr. Huang has worked for two years as Postdoc in the Drinking Water Research Group at the University of Toronto. He graduated from the University of Waterloo with a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering in 2016. He obtained his Master and Bachelor degrees from Harbin Institute of Technology. His research interests focus broadly on physicochemical treatment processes in chemical and environmental engineering, which include membrane and adsorption processes for water and wastewater treatment, water-energy-environment nexus, and the environmental application of advanced porous polymeric materials.
- Y. Huang, Z. Nie, C. Wang, Y. Li, M. Xu, R. Hofmann. Quenching H2O2 residuals after UV/H2O2 oxidation using GAC in drinking water treatment, accepted by Environ. Sci.: Wat. Res. Technol., DOI: 10.1039/C8EW00407B.
- Y. Huang, A. Mackenzie, L. Meteer, R. Hofmann. Evaluation of phosphorus removal from a lake by two drinking water treatment plants, accepted by Environ. Technol. DOI: 10.1080/09593330.2018.1512656.
- Y. Huang, J. Sun, D. Wu, X. Feng. Layer-by-layer self-assembled chitosan/PAA nanofiltration membranes, Sep. Purif. Technol. 207 (2018) 142-150.
- Y. Huang, M.U. Farooq, S. Lai, P. Sampranpiboon, X. Wang, W. Huang, X. Feng. Model fitting of sorption kinetics data: Misapplications overlooked and their rectifications, AIChE J. 64 (5) (2018) 1793-1805.
- Y. Huang, K. Bailey, S. Wang, X. Feng. Silk fibroin films for potential applications in controlled release, React. Funct. Polym. 116 (2017) 57-68.
- Y. Huang, H. Zhang, A. Zamyadi, S. Andrews, R. Hofmann. Predicted impact of aeration on toxicity from THMs and other DBPs, J. Am. Water Works Assoc., 109 (10) (2017).
- Y. Huang, J. Du, Y. Zhang, D. lawless, X. Feng. Batch process of polymer-enhanced ultrafiltration to recover mercury (II) from wastewater, J. Membr. S. 514 (2016) 229-240.
- Y. Huang, D. Wu, X. Wang, W. Huang, D. Lawless, X. Feng. Removal of heavy metal from water using polyvinylamine by polymer-enhanced ultrafiltration and flocculation, Sep. Purif. Technol. 158 (2016) 124-136.
- Y. Huang, J. Du, Y. Zhang, D. Lawless, X. Feng. Removal of mercury (II) from wastewater by polyvinylamine-enhanced ultrafiltration, Sep. Purif. Technol. 154 (2015) 1-10.
- D. Wu, Y. Huang, S. Yu, D. Lawless, X. Feng. Thin film composite nanofiltration membranes assembled layer-by-layer via interfacial polymerization from polyethylenimine and trimesoyl chloride, J. Membr. S. 472 (2014) 141-153.
- S. Wang, A. Ameli, V. Shaayegan, Y. Kazemi, Y. Huang, H.E. Naguib, C.B. Park. Modelling of cell growth effect on rotation and translation of rod-like fillers in conductive polymer composite foams, Polymers, 10(3) (2018) 261.
- L. Shao, X. Chang, Y. Zhang, Y. Huang, Y. Yao, Z. Guo. Graphene oxide cross-linked chitosan nanocomposite membrane, Appl. Surf. Sci. 280 (2013) 989-992.
- L. Shao, C. Mu, Y. Huang, S. Ding, X. Li, Y. Bai, Y. Huang. Enhancement of ink-receiving properties of SiO2/PVA composite films by using rare earth-modified SiO2 particles, Iran. Polym. J. 20 (2011) 955-967.
- J. He, Y. Huang, Y.-D. Huang, Y. Wu, D. Sun. Adsorption of benzenediol from aqueous solution by MWNTs, Chemistry and Adhesion 32(1) (2010) 1-4 (in Chinese).
- H. Gu, J. He, P. Fan, Y. Huang, Y.-D. Huang. Study on properties of multi-walled carbon nanotubes/epoxy composites, Chemistry and Adhesion 30(2) (2008) 4-8 (in Chinese).