Dr. Yifeng Huang
|Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada, 2016
M.Sc. Polymer Chemistry and Physics, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2011
B.Eng. Polymer Materials and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2009
Office location: RS104
Dr. Yifeng Huang is a Postdoctoral Fellow working in the Microcellular Plastics Manufacturing Laboratory (MPML) at the University of Toronto. Prior to coming to MPML, Dr. Huang worked for two years as Postdoc in the Drinking Water Research Group at the University of Toronto. He graduated from the University of Waterloo with a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering in 2016. He obtained his Master and Bachelor degrees from Harbin Institute of Technology. His research interests focus on designing and fabricating composite membranes and multifunctional polymer porous materials for various applications in chemical/environmental engineering, especially the chemical separation, water and wastewater treatment, and environmental remediation.
- Z. Nie, Y. Huang*, J. Yuan, A. Murray, Y. Li, G. Woods-Chabane, R. Hofmann. Minicolumn test of remaining GAC performance for taste and odour removal: Theoretical analysis, accepted by J. Environ. Eng., DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)EE.1943-7870.0001626. (*corresponding author)
- Y. Huang, X. Feng. Polymer-enhanced ultrafiltration: Fundamentals, applications and recent developments, J. Membrane Sci., 586 (2019) 53-83.
- Y. Huang, Z. Nie, J. Yuan, A. Murray, Y. Li, G. Woods-Chabane, R. Hofmann. Experimental validation of a test to estimate the remaining adsorption capacity of granular activated carbon for taste and odour compounds, Environ. Sci.: Wat. Res. Technol., 5 (2019) 609-617.
- Y. Huang, Z. Nie, C. Wang, Y. Li, M. Xu, R. Hofmann. Quenching H2O2 residuals after UV/H2O2 oxidation using GAC in drinking water treatment, Environ. Sci.: Wat. Res. Technol., 4 (2018) 1662-1670.
- Y. Huang, A. Mackenzie, L. Meteer, R. Hofmann. Evaluation of phosphorus removal from a lake by two drinking water treatment plants, accepted by Environ. Technol. DOI: 10.1080/09593330.2018.1512656.
- Y. Huang, J. Sun, D. Wu, X. Feng. Layer-by-layer self-assembled chitosan/PAA nanofiltration membranes, Sep. Purif. Technol. 207 (2018) 142-150.
- Y. Huang, M.U. Farooq, S. Lai, P. Sampranpiboon, X. Wang, W. Huang, X. Feng. Model fitting of sorption kinetics data: Misapplications overlooked and their rectifications, AIChE J. 64 (5) (2018) 1793-1805.
- Y. Huang, K. Bailey, S. Wang, X. Feng. Silk fibroin films for potential applications in controlled release, React. Funct. Polym. 116 (2017) 57-68.
- Y. Huang, H. Zhang, A. Zamyadi, S. Andrews, R. Hofmann. Predicted impact of aeration on toxicity from THMs and other DBPs, J. Am. Water Works Assoc., 109 (10) (2017).
- Y. Huang, J. Du, Y. Zhang, D. lawless, X. Feng. Batch process of polymer-enhanced ultrafiltration to recover mercury (II) from wastewater, J. Membrane Sci. 514 (2016) 229-240.
- Y. Huang, D. Wu, X. Wang, W. Huang, D. Lawless, X. Feng. Removal of heavy metal from water using polyvinylamine by polymer-enhanced ultrafiltration and flocculation, Sep. Purif. Technol. 158 (2016) 124-136.
- Y. Huang, J. Du, Y. Zhang, D. Lawless, X. Feng. Removal of mercury (II) from wastewater by polyvinylamine-enhanced ultrafiltration, Sep. Purif. Technol. 154 (2015) 1-10.
- D. Wu, Y. Huang, S. Yu, D. Lawless, X. Feng. Thin film composite nanofiltration membranes assembled layer-by-layer via interfacial polymerization from polyethylenimine and trimesoyl chloride, J. Membrane Sci. 472 (2014) 141-153.
- S. Wang, A. Ameli, V. Shaayegan, Y. Kazemi, Y. Huang, H.E. Naguib, C.B. Park. Modelling of cell growth effect on rotation and translation of rod-like fillers in conductive polymer composite foams, Polymers, 10(3) (2018) 261.
- L. Shao, X. Chang, Y. Zhang, Y. Huang, Y. Yao, Z. Guo. Graphene oxide cross-linked chitosan nanocomposite membrane, Appl. Surf. Sci. 280 (2013) 989-992.
- L. Shao, C. Mu, Y. Huang, S. Ding, X. Li, Y. Bai, Y. Huang. Enhancement of ink-receiving properties of SiO2/PVA composite films by using rare earth-modified SiO2 particles, Iran. Polym. J. 20 (2011) 955-967.
- J. He, Y. Huang, Y.-D. Huang, Y. Wu, D. Sun. Adsorption of benzenediol from aqueous solution by MWNTs, Chemistry and Adhesion 32(1) (2010) 1-4 (in Chinese).
- H. Gu, J. He, P. Fan, Y. Huang, Y.-D. Huang. Study on properties of multi-walled carbon nanotubes/epoxy composites, Chemistry and Adhesion 30(2) (2008) 4-8 (in Chinese).