Alireza Tabatabaei Naeini
Dr. Alireza Tabatabaei received his PhD from University of Toronto in 2017 and worked as a post-doctoral fellow at the Microcellular Plastic Manufacturing Laboratory (MPML) after his graduation. His research expertise is on manufacturing and characterization of the polymeric foams.
- Development of light weighed non-flammable engineering plastics foams
- Microcellular extrusion and bead foaming
- Material-Process-Structure-Properties relationships for polymeric foams
- Tabatabaei, A. and Park, C.B., “In-Situ Visualization of PLA Crystallization and Crystal Effects on Foaming in Extrusion”, European Polymer Journal, 96 (2017), pp. 505-519.
- Tabatabaei, A., Barzegari, M.R., Mark, L.H., Park, C.B., “A Study of Polypropylene Crystallization under the Influence of Supercritical CO2 in the Extrusion Foaming Process via Visualization”, Polymer, 122 (2017), pp. 312-322.
- Tabatabaei, A., Mark, L.H., Park, C.B., “Visualization of polypropylene crystallites formed from a stressed melt in extrusion”, Polymer, 101 (2016), pp. 48-58.
- Tabatabaei, A., Barzegari, M.R, Nofar, M., Park, C.B., “In-situ visualization of polypropylene crystallization during extrusion”, Polymer Testing, 33 (2014), pp. 57–63.
- Nofar, M., Tabatabaei, A., Soujudinia, H., Park, C.B., Carreau, P.J., Heuzey, M.-C, Kamal, M.R., “Mechanical and foaming behaviors of PLA-PBAT and PLA-PBSA blends with different morphologies”, European Polymer J., 90 (2017), pp. 231-244.
- Nofar, M., Tabatabaei, A., and Park, C.B., “Effects of Nano-/Micro-Sized Additives on the Crystallization Behaviors of PLA and PLA/CO2 Mixtures”, Polymer, 54 (2013), 9, pp. 2382–2391.
- Rizvi, A., Tabatabaei, A., Barzegari, R., Mahmood H., and Park, C.B., “In situ Fibrillation of CO2-Philic Polymers: Sustainable Route for Manufacturing Polymer Foams in a Continuous Process”, Polymer, 54 (2013), 17, pp. 4645-4652.
- Nofar, M., Tabatabaei, A., Ameli, A., and Park, C.B., “Comparison of Melting and Crystallization Behaviors of Polylactide under High-Pressure CO2, N2, and He”, Polymer, 54 (2013), 23, pp. 6471-6478.
- Shaayegan, V., Mark, L.H., Tabatabaei, A., Park, C.B., “A New Insight into Foaming Mechanisms in Injection Molding via a Novel Visualization Mold”, eXPRESS Polymer Letters, DOI: 10.3144/expresspolymlett.2016.44
- Tabatabaei, A., Mark, L.H., Xie, Q., and Park, C.B., “Dynamic Solubility of Carbon Dioxide in Polypropylene Melt”, Society of Plastics Engineers, Annual Technical Conference – ANTEC, Conference Proceedings, Paper # 433, Indianapolis, Indiana, May 23-25, 2016.
- Barzegari, M.R., Tabatabaei, A., Hossieny, N., Wang, H., and Park, C.B., “A Study on the Morphological Properties and Foaming Behavior of PS/Polyolefin Blends”, Society of Plastics Engineers, Annual Technical Conference, Technical Papers, Paper # 1591547, Cincinnati, Ohio, April 21-24, 2013
- Nofar, M.R., Tabatabaei, A., Barzegari, M.R. and Park, C.B., “PLA Extrusion Foaming Behavior: Effects of Varying Isothermal Melt Crystallization Kinetics”, Society of Plastics Engineers, Annual Technical Conference, Technical Papers, Paper # 1591538, Cincinnati, Ohio, April 21-24, 2013
Chapters in Book
- Nofar, M., Tabatabaei, A., and Park, C.B., “Chapter 8 – Innovative PLA Bead Foam Technology”, in: Polymeric Foams: Innovation in Process, Technology, and Products, Lee, S.T., ed., CRC Press, accepted, January 2016.
- Glenn Jr, Robert Wayne, Todd Ryan Thompson, J. U. N. G. Ungyeong, Z. H. U. Changwei, and Alireza Tabatabaei-Naeini. “Process of Forming a Personal Care Article.” WO2014152085 A1, Sep 25, 2014
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Awards & Honors
- Mechanical & Industrial Department Graduate Discovery Award (2017)
- SPE Michael Reedy Scholarship (2017)
- SPE Ananda Chatterjee Student Travel Award Honorable Mention (2017)
- Mechanical & Industrial Department (UofT) Travel Grant (2016)
- SPE Ananda Chatterjee Student Travel Award (2016)
- SPE FOAMS 2016, Best Poster Award (2016)
- PhD Doctoral Completion Award (2016)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2015)
- Polymer Processing Society, Best Poster Award (2015)
- University of Toronto Graduate Student Conference Grant (2015)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (2014)