Andrew Anstey is a 2nd-year PhD student at the Microcellular Plastics Manufacturing Laboratory in the Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at the University of Toronto. He received his BEng in Biological Engineering from the University of Guelph in 2015. After graduation, he worked as a Research and Development Specialist at the BDDC lab at the University of Guelph, focusing on the design of thermoplastic biocomposite resins for automotive applications. From 2016 to 2018, he worked for the same lab as the Lab Manager and Research Program Operator, with a research focus in multiphase polymer blends, additive manufacturing, and reactive extrusion.
2019-2021 NSERC PGS-D graduate scholarship
|2018 – present||PhD – Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, University of Toronto|
|2010 – 2015||B.Eng – Biological Engineering, University of Guelph|
- M Abdelwahab, A Codou, A Anstey, M Misra, AK Mohanty. Dimensional stability of biocarbon and nylon 6 based hybrid nanobiocomposites. Composites Part A (accepted 12 November 2019).
- C Benwood, A Anstey, J Andrzejewski, M Misra, AK Mohanty. Improving the impact strength and heat resistance of 3D printed models: Structure, property, and processing correlationships during fused deposition modeling (FDM) of poly(lactic acid) ACS Omega 3 (2018), p. 4400–4411.
- A Codou, A Anstey, M Misra, AK Mohanty. Novel compatibilized nylon-based ternary blends with polypropylene and poly(lactic acid): Morphology evolution and rheological behaviour. RSC Advances 8 (2018), p. 15709–15724.
- A Anstey, A Codou, M Misra, AK Mohanty. Novel compatibilized nylon-based ternary blends with polypropylene and poly(lactic acid): Fractionated crystallization phenomena and mechanical performance. ACS Omega 3 (2018), p. 2845–2854.
- A Anstey, S Vivekanandhan, A Rodriguez-Uribe, M Misra, AK Mohanty. Oxidative acid treatment and characterization of new biocarbon from sustainable Miscanthus biomass. Science of The Total Environment 550 (2016), p. 241—247.
- A Anstey, S Muniyasamy, MM Reddy, M Misra, A Mohanty. Processability and biodegradability evaluation of composites from poly (butylene succinate)(PBS) bioplastic and biofuel co-products from Ontario. Journal of Polymers and the Environment 22 (2), p. 209–218.
- S Muniyasamy, A Anstey, MM Reddy, M Misra, A Mohanty. Biodegradability and compostability of lignocellulosic based composite materials. Journal of Renewable Materials 1 (4), p. 253–272.
- AK Mohanty, S Vivekanandhan, A Anstey, M Misra. Sustainable composites from renewable biochar and engineering plastics. Proceedings of 20th International Conference on Composite Materials, p. 4308–4312.