Maryam is a Ph.D. student in Microcellular Plastics Manufacturing Laboratory at the University of Toronto starting from September 2018.
Her current research is focused on the preparation and characterization of aerogels.
- University of Toronto, Ph.D. student, Mechanical Engineering, (Sep. 2018- present)
- York University, Master’s degree, Mechanical Engineering, (2015-2017)
- Amirkabir University, Bachelor’s degree, Polymer Engineering, (2010-2014)
- Fashandi, M. and Leung, S.N., “Sodium Acetate Trihydrate-Chitin Nanowhisker Nanocomposites with Enhanced Phase Change Performance for Thermal Energy Storage,” Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, Vol. 178, pp 259-265, 2018.
- Fashandi, M. and Leung, S.N., “Preparation and Characterization of 100% Bio-based Polylactic Acid/Palmitic Acid Microcapsules for Thermal Energy Storage,” Materials for Renewable and Sustainable Energy, Vol. 6, Issue 14, 2017.
- Fashandi, M., and Leung, S.N., “Microencapsulation of Palmitic Acid With Polylactic Acid Shell for Thermal Energy Storage” SPE, ANTEC, Technical Papers, Paper #420, Anaheim, CA, USA, May 8-10, 2017.
- Fashandi, M., and Leung, S.N., “Fabrication and Characterization of Bio-based PCM Microcapsules for Thermal Energy Storage,” SPE, ANTEC, Technical Papers, Paper #380, Indianapolis, IN, USA, May 23-25, 2016.