|Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Microcellular Plastic Manufacturing Laboratory (MPML)
NanoMechanics and Materials Laboratory (NanoM2)
University of Toronto | 5 King’s College Rd. Toronto |Ontario | M5S 3G8 | Office: RS104
|University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering (Advanced Manufacturing; Functional Materials)
|Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering (Solid Mechanics; Cyclic Plasticity)
|Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran
M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, (Manufacturing)
Fellowships & Awards
|2019-2021||Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Postdoctoral Fellowship|
|2018||NSERC Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements (CGS-MSFSS)|
|2017-2019||NSERC Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship-Doctoral (CGS D2)|
|2018||Michael Reedy Scholarship, FOAMS®2018 Conference, Montreal, QC|
|2017||School of Graduate Studies Conference Grant|
|2017||MIE Graduate Student Travel Grant|
|2016||Ontario Graduate Scholarship|
|2016||Queen Elizabeth II/DuPont Canada Scholarship in Science and Technology (declined)|
|2015-2019||University of Toronto Fellowship, Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering|
|2015||Ryerson Doctoral Thesis Completion Award|
|2015||Nominated for The Governor General Gold Medal (GGGM) Award of Ryerson University|
|2013‐2015||Ryerson University PhD Fellowship|
Articles Published in Refereed Journals (†equal contribution; *corresponding author)
- Liang, C., Hamidinejad, S.M., Ma, L., Wang, Z., and Park, C.B., “Lightweight and flexible graphene/SiC-nanowires/ poly(vinylidene fluoride) composites for electromagnetic interference shielding and thermal management”, Carbon, 2020, 156, 58-66, DOI: 10.1016/j.carbon.2019.09.044 (Featured in the cover page).
- Zhao, B., Deng, J., Zhao, C., Wang, C., Chen, Y.G., Hamidinejad, S.M., Li, R., and Park, Chul B, “Achieving wideband microwave absorption properties in PVDF nanocomposite foams with ultra-low CNT content by introducing a cellular microstructure”, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2019, DOI: 10.1039/C9TC04575A.
- Hamidinejad, S.M., Zandieh, A., Lee, J. H., Papillon, J., Zhao, B, Moghimian, N., Maire, E., Filleter, T., and Park, C.B., “Insight into the Directional Thermal Transport of Hexagonal Boron Nitride Composites”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.9b16070.
- Zhao, B.†, Hamidinejad, S.M.†, Zhao, C., Li, R., Wang, S., Kazemi, Y., and Park, Chul B., “A Versatile Foaming Platform to Fabricate Unprecedentedly High Dielectric Permittivity, Ultra-Low Dielectric Loss of Polymer/Carbon Composites”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2019, 7 (1), 133-140, DOI: 10.1039/C8TA05556D (Featured in the cover page).
- Zhao, B., Zhao, C., Hamidinejad, S.M., Wang, C., Li, R., Wang, S., Kazemi, , and Park, Chul B, “Incorporating a microcellular structure into PVDF/graphene-nanoplatelet composites to tune their electrical conductivity and electromagnetic interference shielding properties”, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2018, 6, 10292-10300.
- Hamidinejad, S.M., Zhao, B, Zandieh, A., Moghimian, N., Filleter, T., and Park, C.B., “Enhanced Electrical and Electromagnetic Interference Shielding Properties of Polymer-Graphene Nanoplatelet Composites Fabricated via Supercritical-fluid Treatment and Physical Foaming”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2018, 10 (36), 30752–30761.
- Hamidinejad, S.M., Zhao, B., Chu, R.k.M., Moghimian, N., Naguib, H., Filleter, T., and Park, C.B., “Ultralight Microcellular Polymer-Graphene Nanoplatelet Foams with Enhanced Dielectric Performance”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2018, 10 (23), 19987–19998.
- Hamidinejad, S.M., Chu, R.k.M., Zhao, B., Park, C.B., and Filleter, T., “Enhanced Thermal Conductivity of Graphene Nanoplatelet-Polymer Nanocomposites Fabricated via Supercritical Fluid Assisted In-Situ Exfoliation”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2018, 10 (1), 1225−1236.
- Zhao, B., Wang, S., Zhao, C., Li, R., Hamidinejad, S.M., Kazemi, Y., and Park, C.B., “Synergism between Carbon Materials and Ni Chains in Flexible Poly(Vinylidene Fluoride) Composite Films with High Heat Dissipation to Improve Electromagnetic Shielding Properties”, Carbon, 2018 (127) 469-478.
- Zhao, B., Zhao, C., Li, Hamidinejad, S.M., and Park, C.B., “Flexible, Ultrathin, and High-Efficiency Electromagnetic Shielding Properties of Poly(Vinylidene Fluoride)/Carbon Composite Films”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017 9 (24), pp 20873–20884.
- Hamidinejad, S.M.*, Noban, M. R., and Varvani-Farahani, A., Ratcheting of 304 Stainless Steel Alloys subjected to Stress-Controlled and mixed Stress- and Strain-Controlled Conditions evaluated by Kinematic Hardening Rules, Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, 39(2) (2016) 238-250.
- Hamidinejad, S.M.*, and Varvani-Farahani, A., Ratcheting Assessment of Steel Samples under various Non-Proportional Loading Paths by means of Kinematic Hardening Rules, Materials & Design, 85 (2015) 367-376.
- Hamidinejad, S.M., and Varvani-Farahani, A., Ratcheting of 304 Stainless Steel under Multiaxial Step-Loading Conditions, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 100 (2015) 80-89.
- Ahmadzadeh, G.R., Hamidinejad, S.M., and Varvani-Farahani, A., “Ratcheting Prediction of 1070 and 16MnR Steel Alloys Under Uniaxial Asymmetric Stress Cycles by Means of Ohno–Wang and Ahmadzadeh–Varvani Kinematic Hardening Rules”, Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, Transactions of the ASME, (2015), 137(3), 031001-2.
- Hamidinejad, S.M.*, Hasanniya, M. H., Salari, N., and Valizadeh E., “CO2 Laser Welding of Interstitial Free Galvanized Steel Sheets for Use in Tailor Welded Blanks”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 64 (2013), Issue 1-4, pp. 195-206.
- Hamidinejad, S.M.*, kolahan F., and Kokabi, A. H., The modeling and process analysis of resistance spot welding on galvanized steel sheets used in car body manufacturing, Materials & Design, 34 (2012) 759–767.
- Hamidinejad, S.M., Park, C.B., and Nazarpour, S., ” Methods of Exfoliating and Dispersing a Graphitic Material into Polymer Matrices Using Supercritical Fluids”, World Intellectual Property Organization, Publication No. WO/2018/218365, 2018.